Wednesday, June 10, 2015

And the move begins!

I know I promised that I'd have exciting posts about living in Berlin, but it turns out that we are still in Columbus and knee-deep in the logistics of the move. In the past week, we have:

  • Finally gotten plane tickets (amazingly, less than three weeks ahead of time)
  • Sorted through our clothes for giant donation piles
  • Circulated a loooong list of items we'd like to sell or give away
  • Bought boxes 
  • Confirmed a UCube50 with UPakWeShip
  • Made a plan to eat much of the food in our apartment
  • Got some new luggage and a luggage scale

Also, we took a semi-spontaneous overnight trip to Mammoth Cave National Park and are both doing our best to work full time. And see all our friends before we leave. So many things.

I might do more logistics posts over the next few weeks. I do find logistics super interesting, and I also want to put more information out there. When we were figuring out what to do, I had a genuinely hard time finding resources for mid-budget international moves (everything is either "check two bags and start over with nothing" or "my company gave me a $10,000 limit"), so I sort of want to document a bit.

In that spirit, here are our boxes. Let the move begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment