Sunday, December 6, 2015

Refugee Center

Today I went with some of my chorus to sing at a refugee center. This particular refugee center is located at a convention center - not necessarily bleak, but not really designed for its current use. We sang in one of those very high ceilinged rooms with a huge echo. Most of the people crowded around us to hear better. David came along and took this photo:


Of course, most of the refugees don't celebrate christmas and I wouldn't want them to change their faith. But I also feel that people should be welcomed (but not forced) into the portions of christmas that can be more secular - things like music, food, and togetherness. And I certainly hope we were at least an entertaining diversion in what may be a boring and uncertain existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment