Monday, January 9, 2017

Snow at JFK

My flights back to Berlin (from a meeting near Dallas) were delayed a total of five hours due to snow in New York. Flights at JFK were cancelled or delayed because there was only one runway working at a time while another was being plowed. 


I was torn between thinking "nobody should be in a plane in this weather" and "why can't they handle snow?"


The worst part was after landing on a runway that didn't look very plowed, we spent an hour in the Tarmac because there were massive plane traffic jams. I stared out the window at the winter chaos - motionless planes, but plenty of movement by baggage carts, plows, and other cars.


I made my connection (it was last call in the airport, but we spent an additional 40 minutes at the gate). My bag did not make the connection, and is still hanging out in NYC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment