Thursday, February 23, 2017

Thessaloniki (Greece day 1)

Ever since I noticed that I had leftover vacation from last year, I've been meaning to use it, and this week is it - a combination of staycation and a short trip to Greece! I didn't even know Thessaloniki was a city. We picked it because google flight told us we could get there for less than 100 euro (for two of us) booking only a week ahead of time. Win!


After locating pastries, we climbed the white tower on the edge of the water. Awesome views.


One of the coolest things about the city is that there are ruins in the middle of it. I'll leave you to decide if it's better with or without the selfie!



We booked a tiny AirBnB with a really awesome view of the sunset. This is the best my phone could do, I'm hoping David got some better shots with his real camera. 



And, of course, the milk vending machine. Which made me think of this podcast episode - where I learned that in Greece, rules about ultra-fresh milk protect local farmers.


No comments:

Post a Comment