Sunday, July 12, 2015

Temporary Kitchen

We had visitors today - some of David's friends are living in Milan and decided to come explore Berlin for two days. We showed them around and saw some new corners of our neighborhood that we hadn't explored yet. I kept delaying taking a picture though, because it was mostly things I'd seen before. When we got home, I realized I missed my chance.

So we're left with a picture of our kitchen here in the Wooga temporary housing. I'm not a huge fan of it - and I had to think about it to figure out why. First, I thought it was tiny. It's smaller than our last kitchen, but it's not actually very small and is pretty well organized. Then I thought it might be the lack of appliances. No microwave, toaster oven, or dishwasher, and a half size fridge. But we're not cooking a lot, and I expected to be missing some of those things.

The reason I don't like the kitchen is that it's not mine. If it was, I'd have found some bins for recycling, some extra shelves for the counter, and I'd be seriously thinking about a spice rack. Since we'll be in a different kitchen in 2-4 weeks, those things could be completely wrong for our new space. So I just have this pervading feeling of being in someone else's kitchen until we get our more permanent apartment. Hopefully soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment