Monday, August 10, 2015

IKEA assembly, day one

We got our ikea delivery today - they showed up a little after noon and one guy carried everything up three flights of stairs - I think the other one was unloading the van. There were so many boxes that I couldn't fit them into one photograph. I made you an animation:


Sadly, I didn't manage to assemble it all today. I started small - a few small bookcases, David's chair, David's desk...



Then I wrangled the mattress into the bedroom...


And unrolled it (here it is at the end of the day, surrounded by bed parts):


So there's still a bed to be put together. When David finished work, I had organized the room so the kitchen and the couch were the only things left (that's the couch on the left):


He convinced a friend to come home and help us with the couch. At the end of the night, we had a nice little living room setup (not pictured - the bed part of the couch bed - we stripped some screws trying to get it finished):


And a foreboding pile of carefully inventoried kitchen parts:


In other words, to be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment