Monday, August 17, 2015

The tourist bus

I joined the Diplomatic Chorus here in berlin, and we are rehearsing as part of a group for a big concert this Saturday (details here). The rehearsals are mostly at the Georgian Embassy, and from our place in Freidrichshain, the transit involves taking the bus from Alxanderplatz. One of the two busses I can catch is the 100, which is literally the tourist bus.

On the downside, it is mobbed by tourists who inevitably don't really understand how the busses work (get on the bus in front, show your ticket to the driver, get off the bus in back). On the upside, I get a quick tour of some of Berlin's sights. From my seat on the bus (I pick one of the worst views so I don't fight with sightseers):


Above, the Berlin Cathedral (another picture in this post). Below, the Altes Museum.


We also went by the Reichstag, shown below...


And this is the new age building that apparently hosts the Swedish and Finnish embassies:


We also passed the more notable landmarks of the Brandenburg Gate and the Victory Column, but my seat on the bus was terrible for them today - maybe by the end of the week I'll get a chance. 

Meanwhile, in assembling a kitchen:

No comments:

Post a Comment