Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Practicalities and some blurry scenery

I thought all my photos today were kind of meh, so you get three:

Practicality #1: Last night when we were finishing up the couch, I nearly stripped a few screws from the IKEA assembly kit. Naturally, I googled the problem today and encountered this blog post which explained that IKEA screws all require a pozidriv screwdriver. I rode the tram over to the hardware store, where I got these bits for my drill (2 flat, 2 phillips, 2 pozidriv) in addition to a pozidriv screwdriver.

Practicality #2: The best machines for buying transit tickets are in the U-bahn and S-bahn stations, but busses and trams all have this handy little machine where you can buy tickets as you get on board. The machine on the left is a ticket validator (it stamps a pre-bought ticket with your ride). I actually don't need the machines now since I have my monthly pass.


Blurry scenery: I could have gotten a better picture, but it was from the middle of the street so I snapped and kept walking. Essentially, I ended up in a new neighborhood due to changing destinations mid-route and liked the contrast of the fancy dome on the left with the TV tower in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment